Saturday, March 18, 2017

Journal Entry - Day 1

Monday, January 16, 2017

                Deacon K. gave the homily yesterday during Mass on Sunday morning.  He spoke about the mission, the calling, of Saint John the Baptist.  Deacon K. said that in our own prayer time, we should ask God what His calling is for each of us.

                This morning, in the middle of my rosary (the Joyful mysteries), I recognized my Lord Jesus’ holy presence.  Ah, how I am so unworthy to be in His presence!  His loving nearness sends me squirming to beg at His Feet, at the foot of His Cross, for His Forgiveness and Mercy upon me, a poor sinner!  Who I am I that He should come to me?

                Oh, how He just wants to hold me, like a little girl, and place my head so carefully and gently on His beating Sacred Heart.  His folds me in His loving arms.  Here I am safe.  Here I am completely loved.  Here I just melt, and rest.  Here I can just be me, so little, wrapped in my God’s love.

                And then I remembered what I wanted to ask Jesus.  What is Your mission, Your calling for me?  I saw with the eyes of my heart, just a willingness, on my part, to allow Jesus to be Who He Is in my heart.   I saw just an emptying of myself, and a being open to letting Jesus do His Work through me.  I saw just a resting in Jesus and in His Mother, Mary, and a trusting in them, that God’s Will would be done.

                Then Jesus spoke to my heart.  He said, “I will enliven the faith of those around you.  I will give them the joy of a relationship with Me.”  Wow!!  Praise God!!  That’s all I ever wanted for those so close to my heart, for my husband, my children, my brothers and sisters in Christ, my friends, my church family, for the whole world!

                My Lord blessed me with this beautiful image in my mind…I was underneath and in the shadows of a great lantern in my heart, burning with the love and light of Jesus Himself.  I was resting beside Mary, my holy Mother, who surrounded her Son, Jesus, with her rose petals, her graces of love and peace.  Jesus just calls me to rest here, so small, with Mary.  He will do all the rest.

                Today is Martin Luther King, Jr. day.  He said, “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”

Questions for reflection:

1.       What is God’s Will for you, just you?
2.       What are the gifts God has blessed you with?
3.       How is God calling you?

No comments: