Saturday, May 6, 2017

Journal Entry - Day 3

Friday, Jan. 20, 2017 - Inauguration Day (1st Day of Donald Trump’s Presidency)

Our Lectio Divina Prayer Group decided to go to Mass and pray the rosary for peace in our nation and in the world, instead of having our regular meeting this morning.  I couldn’t go to the Mass because of a family obligation, however, I was able to join my friends for the rosary.

By the time I arrived at the daily chapel, I felt so unworthy to be there.  During the Sorrowful mysteries of the rosary, I couldn’t help crying.  In prayer, I saw Jesus with the eyes of my heart just gather me up like a little girl in His Arms.  He just held me.  Then he blessed me with His Forgiveness and Mercy and Love!

I felt so incredibly loved, even though I knew I didn’t deserve it.  Jesus washed away my sins.  I invited Him into my heart and soul.  I saw Mary, my holy Mother of God, standing in front of my heart, which looked like open doors to a tabernacle, where Jesus was residing.  I felt such deep, deep peace and love.  I felt that Mary was blessing me with the answer to my prayer, “Please help me to see God’s love for me today.”

I stayed for Eucharistic Adoration after the rosary, just soaking in God’s Holy Presence, and His Holy, Holy, Holy love in my heart.  A good friend of mine started cleaning the daily chapel.  She gave me two glass candle holders to keep, so special!  They looked like tall, clear drinking glasses with a cross etched in the glass. 

My friend said she usually throws them away when she replaces them with new ones, but she said I could have them.  She poured a small amount of remaining hot wax from one of the glass candle holders into the other one.  These candle holders were next to the tabernacle day and night, next to Jesus’ Holy Presence in the Eucharist!  How special!  What a blessing!  Praise God!!

No comments: